doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil youtube
Citrus limon, essential oil powerhouse is cold pressed from lemon rinds to preserve its delicate nature and potent properties. Lemon is known as a powerful aromatic, topical, and internal cleanser and can be used to compliment many other oils. Diffusing lemon in a room can cleanse the air and uplift mood. It can also be used on surfaces throughout the home as a non-toxic cleaning booster.
Some of the therapeutic properties of lemongrass include: anti-bacterial, anti-biotic, antiseptic, anti-viral, astringent, diuretic and disinfectant.Lemon oil has many uses.
- It is a powerful antiseptic, and is cleansing to the environment (home or office),
- It has antiseptic-like properties, and contains compounds that have been studied for their effects on immune functions.
- It may serve as an insect repellent,
- It can be an effective means to improve circulation.
- It is a considered to be an excellent antibacterial agent.
- It may be helpful for respiratory infections or inflammation, and,
- Its pleasant, sweet aroma can be uplifting, to lighten any mood.
- Mix 6 drops of lemon oil and 6 drops of the Purify oil blend in a spray bottle, along with distilled water, shake well to disperse the oils and spray into the air, to help freshen the air in the bathroom.
- To remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon, rub with 1-2 drops of lemon oil.
- Use 1 drop of lemon oil to add flavor to baked goods or beverages.
- For homemade lemonade, mix 2 drops of lemon oil, 2 tablespoons of honey and two cups of pure water in a blender. Adjust the amount of each ingredient to suit your own taste.
- For corns, callouses or bunions, rub on a drop of lemon oil, mornings and evenings.
- To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of lemon oil. Drop your cleaned fruit into the water and stir. Be sure all surfaces of the fruit contact the lemon water. If you have an apple, and only want to eat half of it at that time, you can also put a drop of lemon oil on the part you want to save. It will prevent oxidation (browning) of the fruit, and adds a really nice flavor to the apple.
- To sterilize cutting boards, counter tops, cupboards and table tops, add 2-3 drops of lemon oil to water and spray them. Or, you could just add the oil to a pan of water, soak a cloth in it for wiping down surfaces.
- To disinfect your dishcloth and kill germs, soak it overnight in a bowl of water with a drop of lemon oil.
- Add a drop of lemon oil to your dishwasher before the wash cycle.
- Rub a drop of lemon oil on your hands after using a public bathroom.
- Use a paper towel, soaked with several drops of lemon oil, to sanitize bathroom fixtures.
- Place a drop of lemon oil on cold sores, herpes or other mouth ulcers, to lessen pain and aid healing. (What also works wonders for this is melissa oil)
- Put a drop of lemon oil on gums that are bleeding becaus of gingivitis or tooth extraction.
- Put a drop of lemon oil on oily skin or acne, to balance sebaceous glands (oil glands). It offers other benefits for the skin, and can be added to lotions or creames to improve skin tone and texture.
- Rub several drops of lemon oil on cellulite, to improve circulation and help eliminate waste from the cells.
- Rub two drops of lemon oil topically onto the feet, to clear athlete's foot.
- Rub several drops of lemon oil on varicose veins, to improve circulation and relieve pressure on the veins.
- Rub a drop of lemon oil on a wart, morning and night, until it disappears.
- Rub a drop of lemon oil to clean a butcher's block or other cutting surfaces.
- Put 10-15 drops of lemon oil in each gallon of carpet cleaning solution, to help pull out stains and brighten the rug. This also leaves a fresh smell in the room. Mixing several drops of lemon oil into baking soda, and sprinkling it over the carpet before vacuuming is also very effective. (It works for your dog, too; although I don't recommend the vacuuming part. A brush works just fine.)
How may I help you?
Thank you for visiting my dōTerra online wellness store. If you have a question or need my support with anything, I am ready to help! Please provide your e-mail address and/or telephone number below, click submit, and an e-mail will be sent to me with your contact information. Let me know the best time and method to reach you and I will follow up as quickly as I can. Thanks again for shopping my site. Rafael A. Vilagut. email@example.com mobile (Cell phone) +506 8320-6097, Costa Rica, Central America. Skype raalvive, twitter, @vilagutr
Contact us at Rafael A. Vilagut